From Global Network Against Weapons and Nuclear Power in Space
June 19, 2022
New Global Network video looking at the many impacts from the explosion of rocket launch facilities worldwide
Our latest video explores the various dangers that come from the growing numbers of rocket launch sites around the world.Tens of thousands of launches are having major impacts on Earth’s environment and a peaceful world.
- The making of rocket fuels creates major amounts of carbon dioxide releases
- Rocket launch exhaust contaminates air and water killing fish, birds and other wildlife
- Rocket fuel storage is leaking into local water supplies. A key ingredient called perchlorate severely impacts the thryroid and especially children. Perchlorate is found in milk, lettuce and now contaminates the Colorado River.
- Every rocket launch helps to punch a larger hole in the Earth’s ozone layer
- When rocket parts fall back to Earth, burning up on re-entry, they drop a toxic stew of burned electronics parts into the air and water
- Launch corporations promise lots of jobs, no environmental harm, and no military uses in order to worm their way into communities around the world
- This video shows the examples of three communities impacted by rocket launch facilities – Boca Chia, Texas; Kodiak Island, Alaska and Rocket Lab in New Zealand
- Most launch facilities, sold to the public as civilian, turn out to be a Trojan Horse as the military soon takes over and Pentagon, DARPA and CIA space missions are launched